Vision, Values and Aims
Educating children is a great responsibility and privilege. We are committed to ensuring de Stafford provides all students with an outstanding learning experience so that they are fully prepared for the challenges of the modern world; where excellent examination results are achieved within a structure that supports the development of highly aspirational and confident young adults, comfortable of their place within society and the positive contribution they can make to it.
Our relentless focus on learning and achievement will ensure lessons are taught within a framework of creativity, innovation and challenge. We are an inclusive learning community committed to providing all of our students with the opportunity to flourish and to fulfil their academic, social and personal potential within a calm, happy and purposeful school environment based on a culture of high expectations and mutual respect.
- Provide an exciting, challenging and engaging education that enables students to reach their full potential.
- Develop the skills and attributes in students to enable them to become active citizens within a rapidly changing global environment.
- Engender a passion for, and commitment to, life-long learning and continuous personal growth and development.
- Develop a sense of belonging, inclusivity and self-worth amongst all members of the school community.
- Ensure students understand and recognise the difference between right and wrong, take responsibility for their actions and stand up for what they believe in.
- Equip students with the ability to understand their place in an increasingly diverse society by ensuring the values of democracy, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance are reinforced in a pervasive manner and permeate the school community.
- Ensure high quality teaching that enables all students to learn exceptionally well is at the heart of all we do.
- Provide a calm, supportive and well-structured learning environment based on a culture of high standards and expectations.
- Ensure every student feels included within a safe, happy and caring school community.
- Provide a varied programme of enrichment opportunities that enable all students to develop talents and interests beyond the classroom.
- Seek the best ways of achieving personal, social and academic excellence, including innovative approaches to school improvement and being prepared to challenge educational orthodoxies.
We will promote a growth mind-set among all members of the school community whereby it is understood that talents and abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, challenges are embraced and inspiration is found in the success of others as part of the process toward fullness or fulfilment.
We will provide an enriching and engaging education which promotes a passion for life-long learning. Challenges will not be feared but rather seen as a stepping stone on the journey to success; resilience and endeavour will be recognised, respected and rewarded.
All members of the school community will have the confidence, trust and faith to support one another to achieve extraordinary things.
We recognise that achievement and success come in many different forms. We value individual progress over raw attainment and acknowledge the effort invested to achieve success.
Click here to view our Teaching and Learning Core Principles or download via the link below.