Online Free School Meal Eligibility & Pupil Premium Application Form
Your completion of this online form enables the school to check for Free School Meal Eligibility and also if additional money (Pupil Premium) can be claimed from the Government.
Free School Meals can be provided if parents/guardians meet the eligibility criteria 1 as listed below:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 N.B. If you receive WORKING TAX CREDIT you do not qualify even if you receive child tax credit and your income is below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools for pupils who have been registered as being entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years. Schools receive this funding to support their eligible pupils and narrow the attainment gap between them and their peers. Further information about how the school spends these monies can be found on the school website here. Other Pupil Premiums are available to the school if parents or guardians meet eligibility criteria 2 below.
- Is your child a looked-after child (LAC)? i.e. in the care of, or provided with accommodation by an English local authority?
- Has your child ceased to be looked after by the local authority because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order?
- Are either or both parents regular members of HM Forces and designated as personal category 1 or 2 (PStat Cat 1 or 2), in the armed forces of another nation and stationed in England or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence?
We urge you to complete this form even if your child does not take a school meal.
I confirm that the details supplied are correct and accurate. I understand that my personal information is held securely and agree that the school can only use the information provided to process my claim for Free School Meals and / or Pupil Premium by contacting Strictly Education 4s, who will check entitlement via a secure government website.
I understand that I am responsible for informing the school immediately if I stop receiving one of the qualifying benefits.
By submitting this form I am confirming that I have read and fully understood the above declaration.