Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
Welcome to the LRC
The LRC is located on the first floor of the main school building and provides a pleasant, bright and spacious environment for students to read and study. The LRC aims both to promote reading for pleasure and to support students and teachers with learning across the curriculum.
Opening Times and Use
The LRC is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.15pm. The LRC can be used by students each break and lunchtime.
- There are over 7,000 books and other resources, such as CD-ROMs, available for loan to help with projects and study.
- Resources include a wide range of up-to-date fiction for all year groups.
- Magazines, journals and newspapers are also available as well as a comprehensive collection of careers information.
- We have board games for use during lunch and break.
- There are 30 computers for use outside lesson time for homework and research with printing and copying facilities.
How many resources may I borrow?
Two items at a time, but if you need more please ask.
How long is the loan period?
Two weeks, but you may renew items unless someone else wants to borrow them
What happens if a book goes missing or gets damaged?
Please see the terms and conditions below.*
This is open to all students on Monday and Thursday from 3.15pm – 4.15pm. Students are welcome to use books and computers. A member of staff is always present to assist if needed.
Once a week, in rotation, we allow students and staff to Stop Teaching and Read, otherwise known as the STAR reading slot! An emphasis on raising Literacy standards through the enjoyment of reading is our aim when 20 minutes of a lesson is dedicated to years 7 and 8 being able to read their library or home books. Thoroughly enjoyed and supported throughout the school, STAR reading is highly popular and successful with students and staff alike!
*Terms and conditions
- Students are responsible for handling library books and resources with care. Please keep books away from food, liquids and pets.
- Any book/resource that is damaged should be reported to de Stafford School Library immediately in order for it to be repaired. If the damage caused is not easily repairable, parents/carers will be required to pay a £5 replacement fee or provide a replacement copy of the book.
- If a book/resource is lost, it should be reported to de Stafford School Library immediately. Parents/carers will then be required to pay a £5 replacement fee or provide a replacement copy of the book.
- All books issued from de Stafford School Library must be returned directly to de Stafford School Library and not to a teacher.
- If you leave de Stafford School, please return all books before leaving.
- All books are loaned for 2 week period. The due date of each book will always be stamped on the inside cover of the book. If students have not finished reading their book during this time, they are able to renew their book. Any overdue book means that a student cannot borrow another book until the overdue book is renewed or returned.
- We will issue two reminders to return an overdue resource. If the book/resource has still not been returned, an email will be sent home with details of how to either replace the book/resource or pay a £5 replacement fee.