Remote Learning Provision (online lessons)
SLT Lead for Remote Learning: Mr Christian Henk email@example.com
Students will follow their regular timetable and attend all of their lessons virtually on Google Classroom (via Satchel:One). Each lesson will begin with a ‘live’ element, when a register will be taken and teachers will outline the learning objectives for the lesson. Click here to view the latest Remote Learning Bulletin with some useful hints and tips.
Ready to Learn
In preparation for online lessons please do ensure that, where possible, children have access to a quiet area. Students should have their pencil case and some paper ready for the lesson (if they do not have their books).
All lessons are set as a ‘classwork’ task on Satchel:One. On each task, teachers will upload any necessary resources for the lesson alongside the link to a ‘Google Meet’. The link will take students into their virtual ‘Google Classroom’, once it has been opened by the host (teacher). Teachers are also likely to include a brief description of the lesson or any pre-requisite preparation students might need to do, for example this may include a list of resources students will need for the lesson. Please be assured that teachers will be considerate about the resources they request students to have.
Each lesson is due to start promptly, in accordance with the times of our regular school day. Please don’t be late!
Please ensure that when logging onto Google Classroom microphones and cameras are turned off.
All lessons will be recorded for safeguarding purposes and any behavioural issues will be followed up.
We do acknowledge that in some instances technology will be shared at home. In these cases, it may be that children are unable to attend lessons. If this is the case please do get in touch with their teachers via Satchel:One to let them know, as we will be keeping registers to monitor engagement.
Lessons and resources are available for students to download and complete during their lesson time. If your child is unable to access the online provision at all, please do get in touch and we will seek to provide an alternative solution.
Trouble Shooting Tips
- Students can not enter the ‘Google Classroom’ until it has been launched by the host (teacher). If it doesn’t work initially, try again in a minute or two, it may be that the teacher is just transitioning between lessons.
- Students will not be able to find a link to their lessons on Google Classroom. Teachers will only provide links to each online lesson on Satchel:One. This is also to ensure that parents or carers can monitor the classwork that is being set for their children.
- Students will not be able to log in through a personal Gmail or Google Mail account. Only de Stafford school accounts will be able to access online Google Classrooms. Students will need their school Google username and password.
- Students who do not have access to Microsoft Office can access their school email, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations via Microsoft Portal. Click here to access Microsoft Portal.
- If students are trying to access Google Classrooms through the Google Meet app, they need to make sure that they have set up the app using their school Google account (school email address and password).
If you have any questions or issues you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Feel free to contact either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
How to Guide - Logging into Online Lessons
Log into Satchel:One and open the classwork task associated with the lesson.
Select the link to the Google Meet for the live lesson.
If prompted, log into Google using your de Stafford email address and password (for Google). You will then be taken to a ‘waiting room’.
Ensure that your camera and microphone are turned off and select ‘Join Now’. You will enter your Google Class.
|Remote Learning Bulletin - 8 Jan 2021||08th Jan 2021||Download|
|Remote Learning Parent Bulletin - 20.01...||20th Jan 2021||Download|
|Remote Learning Bulletin - 12 Feb 2021||12th Feb 2021||Download|
|Satchel:One Guide||12th Feb 2021||Download|
|How to get the most out of Remote Learni...||12th Feb 2021||Download|
|Google Classroom Guide||12th Feb 2021||Download|
|Remote Learning Policy||12th Feb 2021||Download|