We are looking forward to seeing your son/daughter at the beginning of the new term on Wednesday 4th September. Please see below the timings and itinerary for the first day:
- Year 7 students are to arrive at 8.15am – please note that students will not be supervised before this time.
- Students will then register with their SAMs on the tennis courts (weather permitting).
- At 8.30am, students will report to their SAM room.
- Welcome assembly in the main hall at 8.50am
Year 7 will be the only year group in the school until 11.00am, which will give them the opportunity to explore their new surroundings and become familiar with the school.
- From 9.00am - 12.30pm, students will be with their SAM groups.
- Students will be issued their timetable for the year.
- From 12.35pm, students will be in normal lessons.
There will be a slightly earlier finish on the first day at 3.10pm to allow students to leave before the rest of the school (please note that this is for the first day only and students will finish at the normal time of 3.15pm as of Thursday 5th September).
If you are collecting your son/daughter, please arrange to meet them outside the front of school, otherwise we will assume they will be making their own way home.
Any students who are meeting older siblings, will be advised to wait outside the front of school to meet them there.
Please note that students are to be in their SAM room by 8.30am each morning as of Thursday 5th September.
New lockers are to be installed during the summer holidays and details of how to hire one and the cost will be communicated at the start of term.
Your child should arrive to school ready to learn in terms of their equipment. The basic essentials, which we are promoting as part of the de Stafford ‘5-a-day’ initiative, consists of the following items:
It is most important that students take pride in the presentation of their work and having the above items easily accessible to them will help support this process.
If you have any questions for your son/daughter’s subject teacher, please direct specific questions to them, as they will be able to answer directly. Teaching staff may be emailed by using email@example.com
Please ensure that you copy in myself on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miss Robinson, Head of Year 7