Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
Welcome to the LRC
The LRC is located on the first floor of the main school building and provides a pleasant, bright and spacious environment for students to read and study. The LRC aims both to promote reading for pleasure and to support students and teachers with learning across the curriculum.
Opening Times and Use
The LRC is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.15pm. The LRC can be used by students each break and lunchtime.
- There are over 7,000 books and other resources, such as CD-ROMs, available for loan to help with projects and study.
- Resources include a wide range of up-to-date fiction for all year groups.
- Magazines, journals and newspapers are also available as well as a comprehensive collection of careers information.
- We have board games for use during lunch and break.
- There are 30 computers for use outside lesson time for homework and research with printing and copying facilities.
How many resources may I borrow?
Two items at a time, but if you need more please ask.
How long is the loan period?
Two weeks, but you may renew items unless someone else wants to borrow them.
What happens if I lose or damage my book?
You will be asked to either pay the full retail value, or replace like for like, anything that is lost or badly damaged. Please take care of the items you have borrowed to avoid this.
This is open to all students on Monday and Thursday from 3.15pm – 4.15pm. Students are welcome to use books and computers. A member of staff is always present to assist if needed.
Once a week, in rotation, we allow students and staff to Stop Teaching and Read, otherwise known as the STAR reading slot! An emphasis on raising Literacy standards through the enjoyment of reading is our aim when 20 minutes of a lesson is dedicated to years 7 and 8 being able to read their library or home books. Thoroughly enjoyed and supported throughout the school, STAR reading is highly popular and successful with students and staff alike!