4th September 2018
We are looking forward to seeing your son/daughter at the beginning of the new term on Wednesday 5th September. Please see below the timings and itinerary for the first day:
- Year 7 students are to arrive at 8.15am – please note students will not be supervised before this time.
- They will then register with their SAM’s on the tennis court (weather permitting).
- At 8.30am students will report to their SAM room.
- Welcome assembly in the main hall at 8.50am
Year 7 will be the only year group in the school until 11am which will give them the opportunity to explore their new surroundings and become familiar with the school.
- From 9 - 12.30 students will be with their SAM groups.
- During this time they will be given a locker key. Please ensure your son/daughter brings their completed school locker form and payment (if not done so already) on the first day of term if they wish to have a locker.
- Students will be given their timetable for the year.
- From 12.30 students will be in normal lessons.
- There will be a slightly earlier finish on the first day at 3.10pm to allow students to leave before the rest of the school (please note that this is for the first day only and students will finish at the normal time of 3.15pm as of Thursday 6th September).
- If you are collecting your son/daughter, please arrange to meet them outside the school, otherwise we will assume they will be making their own way home.
- Any students who are meeting older siblings please wait outside the front of school.
- Please note that students are to be in their SAM room by 8.30am each morning as of Thursday 6th September.
Please see below a reminder of the equipment required and uniform expectations:
Please be reminded that school shoes must be plain black leather (no sports logo), maximum 3cm inner edge of heel; boots, canvas shoes or trainer style shoes are not acceptable.
Your child should also be coming to school ready to learn in terms of their equipment. The basic essentials which we are promoting as part of the de Stafford ‘5-a-day’ initiative consists of the following items:
It is most important that students take pride in the presentation of their work and having the above items easily accessible to them will help support this process.
If you have any questions for your son/daughter’s subject teacher, please direct specific questions to them as they will be able to answer directly. Teaching staff can be emailed by using firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Cathleen Small
Head of Year 7